Vanquish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kil' Jaeden realm

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
donkyand

Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) Empty
PostSubject: Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)   Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi,

This is a combo appliation. My husband and I ran in a Naxx 25 pug with Kresanda and Mooguyver last week and it was a lot of fun. We were impressed by the mature attitude, skill, and sense of humor that your guild members had on the run. We just transferred here from an Oceanic Realm (we were previously living abroad).

As players, we are more interested in the progression/success of the group, and learning new challenges, rather than "zomg phat lootz," and are always keen to learn more and open to constructive criticism. In raids, we try to be attentive to our surroundings and adhere to the instructions of the RL, keep a positive attitude, and learn new facets of the encounters. Most importantly, we want to have fun Smile

Thanks in advance for reviewing our applications.

Lorelei and Mike

CHARACTER INFO:
� In-Game-Name/Character: Fishtacos
� Link your armory page:
� Raiding Spec: Holy
� Alts (70+ only): (inactive, only used for flasks and pots)
� What Add-ons do you use when you raid? Omen, DBM, Healbot, Bartender, Outfitter, Pallypower
� Do you have Vent w/mic? Yes (we use 1 computer running vent, both of us can hear and use the mic - with no echo)

RAIDING EXPERIENCE:
Time zone: Previously Oceanic (Jubei'thos), now PST
Days Played: 25 days played. Play times are M-F 7pm-11pm, various on weekends.
Pre-TBC: no experience
TBC: Kara, ZA, Gruul, Mags (as BM hunter, with the exception of Kara - healed as a 68 holy pally)
WOTLK: EoE10, Naxx 10/25, OS25 2d, OS10 3 drake (attempted), VoA 10/25

Please give a brief list of your former guilds, with the reason why you left each:
, Jubei'thos - left because guild merger brought in a lot of immature players.
, Jubei'thos - failed to progress at raiding (social guild)
, Jubei'thos - IRL friends 10 man guild, left to transfer to Kil'Jaeden
, Kil'jaeden - trial membership, /gquit when realized it was not what we are looking for (high school-esque behavior).

Have you read about and do you agree to our Guild Policies?
Yes

Can you make all 3 raids a week? (Please note, we raid Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (7:00 pm to 10:30 pm)
We can definitely commit to Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Wednesday we'll get home around 7:30-8pm-ish, after Ultimate Frisbee pickup.

Why do you want to Raid with GTFO?
To raid with a mature, fun, and skilled group - if the Naxx25 with Kresandra/Mooguyver was any indication of your guildies, I think this would be a good fit.

Why would you be a good addition to the team?
I'm open to criticism, eager to learn new strategies, and I bring a +200 to awesomeness buff, no extra charge.

Is there anything else you might want to add that makes you stand above the rest?
I'm a SKILLED girl playing WoW. Smile

If we tell you your spec is awful, are you willing to respec?
Are you willing to pay for it? If you can give me a logical explanation, I'll foot the bill Smile

PERSONAL (optional)
� IRL Name: Lorelei
� Age: 26
� Current Occupation: Translator for a Japanese Clinic for foreign nationals
� IRL or In-Game friends in GTFO: Just transfered to this server, so no friends yet. Have ran with Kresandra and Mooguyver once.

Anything else you would like to add?

I prefer to raid with my husband, who is also a skilled player. See his app below:

CHARACTER INFO:
� In-Game-Name/Character: Donkypuncher (Paladin) or Kancho (Warrior)

Kancho was my first endgame character and I leveled Donky up together with Fish as a duo. I play both regularly in both tanking and dps specs.

� Link your armory page:

� Raiding Spec:

Kancho Prot:

(Usually I run this cookie cutter deep wounds spec. I think my current live spec is for Malygos with Imp. Spell reflect for P2 fun)

Kancho DPS:

(Next respec I am going to put the floater point into Anger Management instead of Heroic fury to test the rage gains).

Donky Prot:

(I'm just learning endgame prot paladin, and this is a generic spec that I'm using as a starting point)

Donky Ret:

� Alts (70+ only): Just the pally and the warrior.
� What Add-ons do you use when you raid? Omen, DBM, Pally Power, Slam Alert, Stancesets, Outfitter, and... I bet you I'm forgetting something.
� Do you have Vent w/mic? Yes (see above). We play on Mac computers so hopefully the vent is configured to support it Smile

RAIDING EXPERIENCE:
Time zone: Formerly Oceanic, currently PST
Days Played: Donkypunch - 21 days, Kancho - 91 days. Play time is same as Fishtacos.
Pre-TBC: none
TBC: Kara, ZA, Gruul, Mags, post nerf Hyjal and BT
WOTLK: N10/25, OS10/OS25 2 drakes, Voa10/25

Please give a brief list of your former guilds, with the reason why you left each: see above (same as Fishtacos)

Have you read about and do you agree to our Guild Policies? Yes

Can you make all 3 raids a week? (Please note, we raid Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (7:00 pm to 10:30 pm)
Same schedule as Fishtacos (see above)

Why do you want to Raid with GTFO?
(see above)

Why would you be a good addition to the team?
I like to dps it very hard, and very fast. More DOTS! I like to nerd out and have fun at the same time. I'm a team player and try my best to be situationally aware and keep things light and positive (and moving along) whether I'm a tank or dps. Did I mention more dots?

Is there anything else you might want to add that makes you stand above the rest?
I am red/green colorblind, but I CAN see red and green, but shades of it like purple give me trouble sometimes (I didn't know there was a color difference between epic and rare for the longest time, and I think I have vendored a few epics by accident in the past).

(Ahem, yes I can see the void zones in OS and KT, as well as the red and green of stoplights Smile.

If we tell you your spec is awful, are you willing to respec?
I've been at 50g per respec since the dawn of time. Such is life when you're a tank.

PERSONAL (optional)
� IRL Name: Mike
� Age: 31
� Current Occupation: Marketing executive at a Radio station.
� IRL or In-Game friends in GTFO: same as Fish, have only met Mooguyver and Kresandra and friends in the pug Naxx.

Anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for reading this long ass drivel.
Back to top Go down
donkyand

Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) Empty
PostSubject: links are not working   Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 pm

The armory links and former guild names didn't show up in the last post for some reason. I have a strong feeling that you guys know how to use the Armory though. Smile
Back to top Go down
bousana

bousana

PostSubject: Re: Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)   Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi thank you for posting an app I am bousana or Mat the healing officer and co raid lead. I understand that you guys are a conjoined app unfortunately at this time the only starting 25 raid position available is for a holy pally, we are always looking for alternates of good skill and attitude so feel free to get the vent info from a guild member and idle our vent to get to know the players and our attitude. I will not say that if you joined you would not get to raid especially with ulduar being implemented very shortly there will be plenty of chances to impress. our raid times are 7-1030 tue wed thu making everyday is a must as we are fromerly known as Raid or GTFO and the attitude still remains so if you are still interested contact either kyrawyn or myslef via in game mail or tells and either of us would be glad to give you more info. thank you for your time and i apologize for the slow response but as it is 3 of you apping it was difficult to figure you guys in.

Bousana
(Mateo)
Back to top Go down
donkyandfish

PostSubject: Re: Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)   Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, there are only 2 of us applying:

Lorelei - Fishtacos
Mike - Kancho/Donkypuncher (big nerd, 2 80s)

We're interested in finding out more about joining your guild, we'll send you a tell next time we're on.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)   Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho) Empty

Back to top Go down

Combo Application: Holy Pally (Fishtacos), and Prot/Ret Pally (Donkypuncher) and Prot/Fury Warrior (Kancho)
Page 1 of 1